June 6-8, 2001 - Lake Superior


Mom, Andrew and I flew to Minnesota, using my Grandparents' house as home base this time.

We drove up to Lake Superior for a few days, staying at the Cascade Lodge, between Lutsen and Grand Marais. 


Our cabin

We went to the Cascade River State Park for a hike (I'm not a hiker and go on as few as possible!) and saw the Witch Tree in Grand Portage, which grows just out of the rock.
Drove up to the Naniboujou Lodge for tea. 


I wanted to go across the border since we were so close (hello, never shopped in Canada before!) but Mom didn't think we had enough gas (we wouldn't have made it, she was right). 

When back at the cabin, Mom and Andrew would go for a hike. I preferred to sit on the rocky beach and read my book with  my feet dangling in the COLD water. 

We also spend an afternoon in Grand Marais; had lunch (seafood of course) and shopped.

No comments: